Sunday 21 April 2013

Friday Night Sewing with Friends

The last two Friday nights I have enjoyed the delightful company of a group of sewists .. sewers (?) ... people-who-love-to-sew like myself, who all enjoy the company of others when getting their crafty on, all thanks to the darling Gail.  She decided to start up a FB page where we could all hang out each Friday night as we stitch/knit/sew to our hearts content, and for the last two Fridays (since it began), the fingers were flying - in more ways than one *wink*.
My set up each night: first week (top), last night (bottom).
The first week I began working on a table runner pattern I found on moda's bakeshop.  It's called 'Verna's Cutting Garden Tablerunner' by Julie Geiger.  I was able to get together the centre blocks, though I still haven't decided on the layout yet.  This is what I've come up with thus far; a lovely twist on the classic fencerail block.  I am using a charm pack of 'Eva' by Basic Grey for moda.


During the week, I was able to finish off the first 'Seasons of ...' block by Wendy B (and Dawn).  I did show a progress image last post, but here it is in all it's glory.  I decided on a chain stitch outlining the portions on the umbrella, and then a daisy chain stitch around the bottom to emphasise the 3D effect (and to give it an extra interesting & pretty finish) - the idea for which I got from an old post of Jenny of Elefantz.
A close up of the umbrella edging ...
And last night (Friday ... though as I write this the clock has already clicked over to Sunday...), I finished off my nineteenth SKoW block ... the cat.
Though I had almost completed the needle turn (excepting the name tag & nose) earlier in the week, I finished her off last night.  This leaves me with five blocks left to complete.

What are my next stitchery projects ... you know, since my WIP pencil case (yes, I still keep all my stitchery works in progress in a large A4 size pencil case ... one day I will get around to Fee's project bag!!)?!

I have the next two 'Season's of ...' blocks drawn up ...
And four TTS blocks.  The project for this month's SAL is the TTS 'Bon Noel' Wallhanging.  I haven't completely narrowed down which blocks I will be using, but I think I have it down to ...
... either of the 'right' designs on the left; the top left design in the middle; and the bottom left design on the right.  I have switched the angel & words around on the bottom left design in comparison to that in the book to even out the 'look' of the hanging.  I think this one will be going in either the glory or gift box.

Already I'm looking forward to next Friday ... but before then, I have two textiles projects to complete by Monday, a Art History assignment to finish, and another of each to begin before the week is out ... Boy is this week going to be a doozy!!!

14 comments:

Gloria said...

Nice blog... Love the cat!

Susan said...

Looks like you will be busy- and not just with your sewing! Lovely sewing with you!😀

De said...

Well done Larissa...

Quilt Kitty said...

Furbie looks gorgeous & the stitching on the Seasons block is wonderful. I'm in denial about the SKOW for now so we won't go there. The Friday Nights on FB have been great fun! Tracee xx

miss~nance said...

Well Done Larissa

Gail XX

Anonymous said...

well done your blocks are all cute.xx

Marilyn said...

Friday nights are good for focussing on our stitching arent they. Your Seasons of block is gorgeous. Catch you again next Friday, hopefully.

Anonymous said...

You obviously have an 6 hours more in your day than I have in mine. ;) Gorgeous 'Seasons of ...' block, love the colours. See you Friday. :) x x

Domac said...

Gosh Larissa, you do seem busy. I enjoyed your blog seeing what u are up to. Its great that your readers have a glimpse of your stitching life as you update your progress on your different projects on your blog. I think it's time that I do a blog - because I always have something in my hands making something, but I don't give myself credit doing the "making". I usually only put the finished thing - quilt, whatever - on FB or on The Forum I belong to. So thank you for your blog, Larissa it's got me thinking ... Luv from Donna in Brisbane.

Unknown said...

Awesome effort Larissa, you certainly achieved a lot.

debbie said...

Larissa, I just love the extra detail along the lower part of the umbrella. It looks like fine lace! Well done. xx debbie

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh I just love Eva fabric, your runner is going to look fabulous. Oh my gosh what a spectacular Seasons of block! Awesome! Sweet cat block :) Wow you are almost done now :) Looking forward to seeing what stitching you get up to next Friday :)

Josie said...

Luv... luv.. luv all your projects. Stunning stitching girl... you are on a roll. I'm worn out reading this post. Must check out the seasons blocks... think I might have missed out here...:o) Hugs....

Valspierssews said...

I am exhausted from just reading your blogpost. You have lots on the go. I love the little cat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...